Since returning from London, I have spent the majority of my time in Chautauqua, NY. For me, Chautauqua is the most relaxing and interesting places I have ever been to. I am lucky to be able to spend so much time up here, and I have really seen some great speakers/entertainers. For those of you who do not konw anything about Chautauqua, check out their Facebook page and Twitter feed! Some of the more notable things I have done this summer are as follows:
- Listening to the Superintendent for the Pittsburgh public schools, Mark Roosevelt, speak about where the education in the US is heading.
- Watching Loretta LaRoche perform/lecture on letting go of anxiety and worrying
- Attending a lunch-in for the Bird, Tree, and Garden Club at the Athenaeum Hotel
- Going to an informative dinner to help raise money for the Dennis Theater in Mt. Lebanon
- Learning to bake red velvet cupcakes
- Hosting an art show for the artist Oksana Zhurakovskaya
- Seeing many other excellent lecturers including Steve Sasson, Billy Collins, and Adam Liptak.
Sadly this is almost the end of the season. The lake flies have returned, the temperatures have dropped significantly, and the hydrangea trees are almost dead.